This product is shipped from Denver, CO, in the USA.
Receive SIP calls for talk radio and podcast interviews with this tiny desktop box. Simply connect a USB mic or audio interface and a pair of headphones.
The USB SIP Codec from In:Quality connects to your existing internet connection and allows radio stations to call you in full studio quality. It can be shipped pre-configured with your own unique sip.audio address, so you only need to plug it in, and wait for a call.
- USB SIP Codec ‘Zero’
- Power Adaptor
- 12 months sip.audio subscription, worth $80 (annual bulk renewal negotiable).
USB mic, headphones and ethernet cable required. Consider a starter package.
- Which US radio stations can call me?
Find SIP enabled radio stations on our SIP Studio Map.
An easy way for radio stations to call SIP codecs is to dial the SIP address from the dial pad in ipDTL.
- Can I make outbound SIP or ISDN calls?
As the name suggests, the USB SIP Codec ‘Zero’ is designed to be ‘zero configuration’. It arrives pre-configured, and the user simply switches the microphone on and off. Technically savvy users can access it through its IP address from a nearby computer, or attach a monitor, keyboard and mouse. Outbound calls can be established using these methods. An additional Tel+ subscription is required for outbound ISDN calls.
- Can I receive inbound ISDN calls?
There is a way to receive an ISDN call when accessing the USB SIP Codec’s configuration page via the methods mentioned above. ISDN numbers are assigned dynamically on demand, or you can get your own LA area ISDN number with your sip.audio subscription. A package including a Tel subscription is required for inbound ISDN calls.
- Can I connect the USB SIP Codec to the internet using wifi?
No. Wi-Fi or mobile broadband are the most common causes of radio remotes dropping off. To ensure reliability, our USB SIP Codec is connected to your broadband router using a physical cable. Almost all routers have ethernet sockets on the back. We can supply extra long cables, or ‘Powerline’ adaptors where cable routing is not an option.
Warranty & Support
- Free repair or replacement, while sip.audio subscription remains active, up to 5 years.
- Free technical support via support.inqualitymedia.com.
- Supports SIP protocol with Opus audio codec
- Network via Ethernet (no wifi)
- Defaults to DHCP. Static IP optional.
- Partially compliant with EBU Tech 3326 / N/ACIP
- USB & HDMI port for optional use with monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
Delivery to USA addresses normally within 5 working days. Canada and Europe may take a little longer.